Eén zin maakt soms meer los dan een uitgebreid betoog. Daarom delen wij vandaag weer de mooiste reisuitspraken die ons het diepste raken.
1. “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
2. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
3. “Too often travel, instead of broadening the mind, merely lengthens the conversation.” – Elizabeth Drew
4. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
5. “What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do – especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” – William Least Heat Moon
6. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
7. “Travel does what good novelists also do to the life of everyday, placing it like a picture in a frame or a gem in its setting, so that the intrinsic qualities are made more clear. Travel does this with the very stuff that everyday life is made of, giving to it the sharp contour and meaning of art.” – Freya Stark
8. “The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.” – Rudyard Kipling
9. “Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.” – Paul Theroux
10. “If you want to go far away, go together.” – Yogi Tea.
Wat is jouw favoriete inspiratiequote?